Toon HQ Forums
Welcome to Toon HQ! Sign in or join today!

Meanings of cog names

View previous topic View next topic Go down

default Meanings of cog names

Post by Brady B. on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:08

First of all I do not give credit to myself. This was not researched and found out by me. I coppied it from "Cool Chester's" thread on TTCF.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Meaning of Cog Names

Cogs have all types of names from Cold Caller, to Ambulance Chaser, to Robber Baron. But what do they really mean? Here are the meaning of their names by cog type.

Sellbots

Cold Caller - A Cold Caller is someone who tries to sell products of services to a person, most commonly through the telephone, without the person expecting the call. It is very similar to telemarketing.

Telemarketer - The term Telemarketer is used for someone who sells products or services by making telephone calls to people. Most of the time, people do not buy products that Telemarketers are selling.

Name Dropper - A Name Dropper is someone who pretends that famous people are his/her friends.

Glad Hander - Glad Hander is a slang word used for someone who is always accepting cash from other people.

Mover & Shaker - A Mover & Shaker is a person who wields power and influence; "a shaker of traditional beliefs"; "movers and shakers in the business world."

Two-Face - A Two-Face is a term used for a person who has multiple personalities. (Example: They say they like that suit. But really they hate it. In business terms, it's when someone deals you something, but then double-cross you, and won't accept that deal.)

The Mingler - A Mingler is a person who makes sure to know everyone in the room. They use these contacts to get ahead in their job.

Mr. Hollywood - "Mr. Hollywood" is a term for a person who is always dressed up, and talks you into buying products.

Senior V.P. - The Vice President of a Corporation and manages sales

Factory Foreman - A foreman is a person that watches over people in a factory.

Cashbots

Short Change - Short Changing is when a person doesn't give someone the correct amount of money they owe someone.

Penny Pincher - Penny Pincher is also a nickname for really greedy people who are very frugal.

Tightwad - The term Tightwad is used for people who don't like to spend or lend money.

Bean Counter - Calling someone a bean counter is an insulting way of calling them an accountant.

Number Cruncher - A Number Cruncher is someone able to perform complex and lengthy calculations.

Money Bags - In reality, "Money Bags," "Mr. Money Bags," etc. are terms used to tease a person that is percieved as being rich.

Loan Shark - In real life, a "Loan Shark" is a dangerous person who loans money to people and threatens them with bodily harm if they don't pay back the money soon enough.

Robber Baron - A Robber Baron is someone who becomes wealthy by immoral means.

Cashbot C.F.O. - In real life a C.F.O is responsible for managing the companys financial risks and also responsible for financial planning and record keeping.

Supervisor - A person who supervises workers, or a specific object (ex. In Disney's Toontown Online, the Mint Supervisor is always next to a big safe because he is supervising it)

Lawbots

Bottom Feeder - A bottom feeder is usually an opportunist who profits from the misfortunes of others.

Bloodsucker - A Bloodsucker in a company is one who takes advantage and profit from others assets and misfortunes.

Double Talker - A Double Talker is a person who says one thing, but means another, to get you to do what they want.

Ambulance Chaser - An Ambulance Chaser is a slang term for a lawyer who specializes in medical related cases, often in cases which involve suing a company or individual who may be responsible for an accident.

BackStabber - A Backstabber is a slang term for somebody who speaks poorly or unkindly of another, usually a colleague, behind their back, or simply a traitor.

Spin Doctor - The term Spin Doctor is used to describe public relations experts as well as political or corporate representatives whose job is to put a "Positive Spin" on events or situations.

Legal Eagle - The term Legal Eagle is used for Business slang for a very intelligent lawyer.

Big Wig - An important person, usually in a particular sphere.

Lawbot C.J. - The Chief Justice is a term for a head judge.

The Clerk - A person employed, as in an office, to keep records, file, type, or perform other general office tasks.

Bossbots

Flunky - Flunkies are Goons or Henchmen.

Pencil Pusher - A Pencil Pusher is a slang term for someone who does a lot of paperwork.

Yesman - A Yesman is used in business to describe a person who is always agreeing with management.

Micromanager - A Micromanager is a person that tells you how to do everything, as if you know nothing.

Downsizer - A Downsizer is someone who reduces company employee numbers, or removes assets, in order to make the company stronger.

Head Hunter - A Head Hunter is someone who is looking to give jobs.

Corporate Raider - A Corporate Raider is a person who undertakes hostile takeovers of companies.

The Big Cheese - A "Big Cheese" is a term for "The Big Boss".

Bossbot C.E.O. - The CEO, or Chief Executive Officer, is the one who runs the "show" and pushes the business forward.

Club President - "The Big Cheese" of the Country Club, the top golfers.

Hope This Helps! ;)
Brady B.

Rep Points! : 87

Back to top Go down

default Re: Meanings of cog names

Post by Lady Trickster on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:26

This is very interesting! Hope to see more threads like this soon!

The awesome one.
Lady Trickster
Admin

Rep Points! : 210

http://toonhqforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

default Re: Meanings of cog names

Post by Wonderwoof on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 18:05

Very cool! :)

PM Me l My Blog l My Profile l Site Rules l Our Staff l Email Me

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said."

-Mark Twain