Toon HQ Forums
Welcome to Toon HQ! Sign in or join today!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Toon HQ Forums
Welcome to Toon HQ! Sign in or join today!
Toon HQ Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As the Summer Wind Blows

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

As the Summer Wind Blows Empty As the Summer Wind Blows

Post by Miss Mandy Wed 14 Sep 2011, 17:21

Hi... Since everyone was making a special story for Toon HQ, I thought I would, too! It's called "As the Summer Wind Blows" and it is NOT Toontown related. It has nothing to do with Toontown. It's not really... "Real Life" as you would call it, but it has humans in it. Only the beginning (not the prologue) takes place on Earth. I only did the prologue for now, but hopefully the first chapter will come out... Around Thursday-Sunday.... Hopefully. So here's the prologue, and thanks for reading :)

As the Summer Wind Blows

Prolouge...

CLING! CLASH! "Ugghhhhh!" soilders all around me, on both sides, were fighting.

They were fighting hard.

Swords were scattered everyone. Injured men lay all around. I, my dear friend, had a long, sharp sword in my hand, and in my other, a huge metal shield.

My Blonde long hair sat almost perfectly on my shoulders, and my heavy helmet sat upon my head.

Sweat dripped off of my forehead.

As I looked around, surveying the battle, another Holgish Black soilder ran at me, preparing to pounce on me like a lion on his prey.

I giggled. This man thought he could easily beat a girl....Like me.

But, I was about to prove him wrong. I easily took my sword and attacked him. I had the element of surprize, thankfully!!!

My name Lori. Lori Williams. I'm a 14 year old Country Gal, and after what I just showed you, you would think I've been battleing all my life. Think again. This is actually my first battle. And actually, before today, all I could think about was riding horses, milking cows, and how to do my nails next. No, not that theres anything wrong with that, but I had a life to live. My TRUE life was about to start. No, my life didn't start when 4th grade hottie, John Lucas asked me out, it was the moment I stepped in this land. This wonderful, beautiful, but yet scary land.

Hope you enjoyed!!! That's it for now.... :)
Miss Mandy
Miss Mandy
Admin

Rep Points! : 660

Back to top Go down

As the Summer Wind Blows Empty Re: As the Summer Wind Blows

Post by Fangs Wed 14 Sep 2011, 17:53

Nice!!!
Fangs
Fangs

Rep Points! : 1067

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Mandy Wed 14 Sep 2011, 17:58

Miss Mandy
Miss Mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangs Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:27

No problem.
Fangs
Fangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Trickster Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:35

When's next chappie?
Lady Trickster
Lady Trickster
Admin

Rep Points! : 210

https://toonhqforums.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangs Sat 17 Sep 2011, 11:21

I'd love to know, too. It's so exciting.
Fangs
Fangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Mandy Sat 17 Sep 2011, 13:01

Soon :D I'm NEARLY finished writing it!!! :P
Miss Mandy
Miss Mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangs Sat 17 Sep 2011, 13:03

GREAT!
Fangs
Fangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Trickster Sat 17 Sep 2011, 13:19

Awesome!
Lady Trickster
Lady Trickster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Mandy Sat 17 Sep 2011, 15:36

Here's the first chapter!!! Hope you enjoy :)

Chapter 1

I looked outside my window in my room as the maid, Shelia, braided my hair.

My purple dress scrunched underneath my freezing toes. The maid saw, and grabbed some shoes and said "Here. Wear these. Don't do that to you're dress.".

I slipped them on, and looked out the window again.

My 3 younger siblings were playing outside. As I watched, I soon saw that the game of soccer turned into a fighting match.

I jumped up.

My maid gasped.

I pointed outside.

"Their fighting" I told her. She gasped again.

She ran out, going toward my Dad's office where both my parents were talking.

I ran down the stairs, my half finished braid flopping all about.

I finally was on the last level of my rich parent's huge manision.

I ran into the kitchen, and knocked some stuff over. "Sorry!"

I exclaimed to the grumbling cook.

I ran out into the living room, and straight through the gigantic dining room.

I finally saw the light coming through the back door window. I raced toward it, and finally quickly opened it. My sister, Hannah, hide under the tree, in a ball, squeezing her teddy bear to death.

My two brothers, 8 and 7, were on the ground, tackling each other.

I yelled "Stop! Boys, stop!". they looked up to see if it was me or our Mother, and once they saw it was just me, they kept on going. "Ughhh!!" I yelled.

I pulled Jimmy, my brother off of Kevin. He landed on the ground next to Kevin. Both of their eyes were then filled with terror. I turned around, to see where they were both looking at.

Both my parents and the maid were there. My Mother had both of her hands on her hips.

My Father sat there behind my Mother, shaking his head is disappointment.

I stood fully up, and straighted my posture. "Thanks for coming. I saw them out my window and told Maid Shelia to go get you. Thanks, Shelia." I said with a slight smile on my face.

Even though I thought everything was okay, I felt in my gut that something was not okay.

"Don't give me those lies, you, you, you... Thing!" My Mother said, bitterness all over her face.

"Wha...What?" I said, stuttering with confusion.

"You certainly know that you forced my angels to fight, and then hurt them!" She said, eyes filled with anger.

"Uh? I certainly did not..." I said looking at her, then at Shelia.

"Shelia, tell them this is not so!" I told Shelia, a worried expression took over my face. Shelia just looked down, ashamed of the truth, - or her lies.

"Shelia..?" I said, sadness covered my heart. Then i turned around. "Boys, tell them this is not so!" I said, sadly.

They just said there, looking up at me, with a evil grin on their faces.

I looked at that tree. "Hannah! Tell them, it's not so!" I said, fear claming me.

"It IS not so. She didn't do it, Mother." Hannah said, a friendly smile on her face as she looked at me and then at our Mother.

"Foolish, this is, Hannah." Mother said as she walked over to Hannah, grabbed her arm, yanked her up, and pulled her into the house.

"You, Witch girl, will be dealt with. TONIGHT." Mother said harshly as she pointed to me.

After Hannah, the boys, and Mother left, it was just me, Shelia, and Father left.

I ran to Shelia. "Shelia, why didn't you say the truth? Why didn't you stick up for me? Have I really done wrong?" I asked Sheila nervously. "No, no. You have done nothing wrong at all. You were just trying to help." Shelia answered.

"Then why, why didn't you tell the truth?" I asked, a tear dropping out of my eye.

"I...I would of lost my job. She has her mind set that YOU were violent and YOU were wrong... No matter what, she would of said I was lying." Shelia explained. "Father! You see? I did nothing wrong! You cannot let her punish me for nothing! Hannah even said so! I did nothing wrong." I said, quickly sitting down on the ground, weeping.

"Child, there is nothing I can do. She is in control. No matter what I said, I would just be called a fool. That's it." Father explained, coldly. "Why do you seem like you do not care?" I asked Father, anger now filling me.

"*Sigh* It's not that I don't care, it's that I've been through it a million times before. It's same old old." He replied, smoothly.

Wind blew through my hair. The Spring breeze was clearly changing to a summer wind. I loved every moment of it, but the cold breeze was picking up, and I got goosebumps.

Shelia saw that I was getting cold. "Let's go inside and get you some Hot Coco, Dear." She said, putting her arm around me.

We walked inside.

I was getting impatient. Why does my Mother hate me? Why does it have to be this way? More and more questions piled up in my head as I sipped my hot coco.

"Shelia... Do you know why my Mother hates me?" I asked.

My emerald eyes were looking into the cup, staring at the marshmellows inside it.

"Dear, you're Mother certainly does not hate you." Shelia answered. "Well, I know she favors the other children.." I said, finally looking up at her, my eyes feeling very droopy all of the sudden.

"Hmmm. It might seem that way now, but I doubt it's true, for you're Mother is a loving person." Shelia replied smoothly.

"Oh yeah. Yelling and hurting us is real loving." I answered, sarcasticly. Shelia rolled her eyes at me.

"I suppose not, but a parent has to do what a parent has to do." Shelia told me, cutting up tomatoes for dinner.

"She didn't have to make up and then believe those lies that I was forcing them to fight." I told Shelia, speaking my thoughts outloud to her.

"*Sigh*. I suppose not, Dear." Shelia said, putting the tomatoes in a big pot and then turning around and washing her hands.

"And, why? Why didn't you defend me? I still can't believe that. And why is Father so afraid of her? Why did he say he's "been through it a million times before"? This all isn't adding up. There's pieces to the puzzle I haven't gotten yet." I told Shelia blankly.

"Don't worry you're pretty little head about it. There's nothing more. She's just trying to be a good parent." Shelia told me, staring me in the face.

"Now, we better finish that braid before it comes undone. Let's go, pretty one." She said, with a little smile on her face.

Although the smile seemed fake, it comforted me.

We walked up the stairs, went into my bedroom, and returned to brading my hair.

While she did so, I thought about everything.

How was this happening? What is truly going on? My Father said he's been through it a million times before. But I'm the oldest? How could of he been through it before if I'm the oldest?

My heart raced as I thought about it.

Although I did not know it at the time, but, I felt in my bones an adverture was coming.

The end of chapter 1. I hope you like it! It isn't action packed yet, but trust me, it will be!!!
Miss Mandy
Miss Mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoof Sat 17 Sep 2011, 16:04

Amazing! I'm your fan! <3
Wonderwoof
Wonderwoof
Admin

Rep Points! : 669

https://toonhqforums.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Mandy Sat 17 Sep 2011, 16:14

Thanks Wonder :D :) You all are the best.
Miss Mandy
Miss Mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoof Sat 17 Sep 2011, 16:29

No prob! And thanks!
Wonderwoof
Wonderwoof
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangs Sat 24 Sep 2011, 08:18

How about a round of applause for Miss Mandy! -applauses- Amazing as usual.
Fangs
Fangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Trickster Sat 24 Sep 2011, 10:22

-applause- Awesome-when's the next chappie?
Lady Trickster
Lady Trickster
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoof Sat 24 Sep 2011, 12:50

Wow, Good! :D I like it!
Wonderwoof
Wonderwoof
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Mandy Sat 24 Sep 2011, 14:14

Coming soon :D I have to get to it..... I got fans to please!
Miss Mandy
Miss Mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Mandy Thu 06 Oct 2011, 16:32

BUMP! New chappie coming soon..
Miss Mandy
Miss Mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Mandy Tue 11 Oct 2011, 18:13

Chapter 2

It was early in the morning the next day, and I rolled over in my bed as the morning sunlight shined through my window. I turned over again and looked at the clock. 6:00. "Sigh..Time to get up.." I told myself, as I sat on my bed. Thoughts flooded back to me as I thought about last night. I could not believe what I remember. It was horrible. My memory seemed like a nightmare. But one thing truly haunted me. As I sat on my bed and thought about it, tears came to my eyes. It was miserable. I shoved it to the back of my mind. I promised myself I would not think about it unless I was forced to, or I needed to really badly. I fully opened up my curtain, taking a deep breath. I brushed out my hair, and got dressed. Fully ready for the day. I ran downstairs. All sorts of maids passed me alond the way. Cleaning maids, outdoor maids, designing maids, cooking maids, and more. I looked across the hall on the thrid floor. There was my Mother, getting her hair done super fancy for no reason. "She only cares about herself." I mumbled low under my breath so no one could hear me. I ran the rest of the way downstairs, where my breakfast was waiting for me. I chowed down, and heard the honk of the bus. I hurried outside, bookbag in hand, ready for the day. I climbed up on the bus, and looked for my friends. There waving, was my best friend, Brooke. Her long brown hair waving all around her as it blew in the wind. Next her her, sat Maria, my other friend. They had saved a seat for me. I ran to it, and sat down. "Hi, Gals." I said with a wink. Brooke hugged me tightly. "-Cough, cough- ya done choking me?" I teased. She giggled, her nose wrinkled up, and her brown eyes sparkled. Maria, a lovely Spanish girl, looked out the window. She was always quiet and shy, but not normally this much to her two Best Buds. "Maria? Are you okay?" I asked compassionately. "Uh, Yes, Senorita." She said, thinking for a moment. "You sure?" Brooke asked with a friendly smile. "Just, what you say, stuff." Maria said with a smile. "What kind of stuff?" I asked, persuing information. "Eh, my parents want to move to...Georiga? I think." She said, shrugging. "Oh no! Oh my. You can't leave..." Brooke said, her normal perky mood fading away for a moment. "Eh, I might be able to stay. My brother has to stay for collage and his job." She said, shrugging. Brooke hugged her so tightly I thought Maria could not breath at first. The bus yanked to a stop. We were here, at school. I jumped up, quickly grabbing my bag, and hurried outside. There she was, my other best friend. Brooke and her were my best of friends. I ran toward her, arms opened wide. Her sparkling white smile covered her beautiful face. Her name was Ellie, and she was younger then myself or Brooke or Maria. She was in fact, only 10. It was shocking, because she acted much, much older. We enjoyed each others company greatly. The only problem was....Maria did not like Ellie Who knows why....But because of that, Ellie did not like her, either. Whenever questioned about it, they both got quite mad, and got red faces, and stomped off. Brooke and I were curious, but did not want to push it. Maria got jealous when I hugged Ellie, so she grabbed my hand and pulled me away. "What now, Maria?" I said disappointingly. "You know I do not like her." She told me, coldly. "Yes, so what?" I replied, getting fed up with this. "SO WHAT! SO YOU SHOULD DITCH HER! SHE ISN'T WORTH! SHE'S A LITTLE BRAT! A SPOILED LITTLE BRAT! SHE'S ONLY 10! SHE DOESN'T DESERVE TO HANG AROUND WITH US!" She yelled. I stopped. She tried to keep pulling me but I didn't budge. She looked back, her eyes telling me to move or else. I looked at her blankly. I didn't budge, I didn't move, I just stared at her. "What?" She finally said, letting go of my hand and then fiddling with her fingers. "She's my friend." I said simply. "Don't give me that. All she does is give you trouble!" She said, anger filling her eyes again. Soon she quieted down, and regreted saying it. "Please....I only meant to help." Her accent made it hard to understand when she was choking back tears. "Do... Do you hate me?" She said, as a tear ran down her cheek. "No...I just think we should be fair. Ellie is not causing any trouble. I just think you are a bit jealous, that's all. And I'm sick of it. I won't allow it anymore." I answered her, a slight smile on my face to comfort her. She then put her hands to her face, and weeped. She ran to the steps a few feet in front of us, and sat down. I joined her, soon after. "What...What is it?" I asked, looking at her compassionately. "I knew this would happen..." She said, her words muffled by tears and her hands. "What do you mean, Maria?" I asked, caringly. "My family...Cursed...Evil..I tried to rebuke it. I hated it so, but it cannot be stopped." She said wiping the tears from her eyes. "How? How are you cursed?" I asked, thinking it was a "curse" from Mexico, ya know how they have all the curses there. Or maybe it was one she made up.. I didn't know, but I didn't think it was serious. "It is from a land. A magical land only a few people know about." She explained. I lifted my eyebrow. Now I was convinced that this was just a trick to make me feel sorry for her. "Is this a Mexico curse?" I asked, rolling my eyes while doing so. "No, no. This has nothing to do with Mexico, or any nation, for that matter..." She said, trailing off. "All women that go there become witches. Because of Baalla..." She said, trailing off again. "And who might that be?" I questioned her truthfullness now. "A evil woman from Earth. She was gifted the chance to visit Lilomac." She explained. "And where might that be?" I asked, looking at her blankly in the face. "The magical land I mentioned earlier." She answered. I stood up. "Oh right. Where unicorns are evil and attack people, and fairies live in terror because giant butterflies will come and eat them." I said, anger now filling me. She stood up as well, as I turned, and started to walk away. "You..You don't belive me?" She asked, and took a few steps forward as I marched away. I said, still walking. "Then I will prove it to you." She answered, straighting out her figure. I stopped. I turned around, anger was covering my face. "Give it up already, would you?!?!" I said, raising my hands in fury. "I will not. I am telling you the truth, and I will continue to do so until I prove to you, then you will see I was not lying, so I will not need to say no more." She told me, her hands on her hips. I then saw, she truly believed what she was saying. There wasn't a hint of doubt in her. My jaw dropped. "You're...INSANE!" I said, my eyes bigger then a ballon. "No, just a stubborn truth-teller." She said, blankly. "I'll report you to the school counslor!!!" I threated. "I believe what I believe. No one can change that. My parents understand and will back me up and get me out. I am not afraid." She said fearlessly. "Whatever." I said, a hint of fear in my eye, because I thought my friend was going crazy. I hoped for the best, but expected the worse.
Miss Mandy
Miss Mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangs Tue 11 Oct 2011, 19:24

It's always the Hispanics...
Why do we get all the curses?
Fangs
Fangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Mandy Tue 11 Oct 2011, 22:19

Its not just her....You'll see :). DUDE...I know SO MANY Hispanics, it's not even funny. Most of them are my friends, just to let ya know :). LIKE YOU!
Miss Mandy
Miss Mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Mandy Thu 13 Oct 2011, 22:25

Nobody else like it? :(?
Miss Mandy
Miss Mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fangs Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:49

That's creepy...
But no one saw it, probably... Everyone usually goes on before 5 EST.
Fangs
Fangs

Back to top Go down

Post by Miss Mandy Mon 17 Oct 2011, 18:39

Congrats... HERE IS THE NEW CHAPPIE!

Chapter 3

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Good Morning, Class. Welcome to English class." My teacher, Nancy Harris, or as I had to call her, Mrs. Harris said. "Today we will be learning..." Her voice trailed off as I started to daydream about what Happen this morning, 3 classes ago, which is about 5 hours ago. -Snap snap- fingers were being snapped in my face, I awoke from my daydreaming to find Mrs. Harris snapping her figures in my face. "Miss Williams, wake up!" She said, quite harshly. I shake my head to wake up. Jacob Lucis reaches over and pinches me in the arm. I yell "EEK!" and fall off my chair. As I get up, I hear laughter. Laughter of the classroom non-stop. I sit myself back down and dust myself off. I look at Brooke, even she was giggling!! Then I turned the other way. A boy was making fun of Jacob! -RINNNNGGGG- the bell rang, and I ran out of the door, to embarresed to say a word. I opened up my locker, and grabbed a tissue. I wiped the tears from my eyes, and remained slient. "Hey..." A boy's voice said. I turned to see the boy that was teasing Jacob, the boy who pinched me. "Hi..?" I answered back. "Sorry about Jacob teasing you.... I think he learned his lesson." He said, smiling brightly. I smiled back and said "No worries!" "I'm Gabe, and you?" He said, putting his hand out to shake mine. "Lori." I said, shaking his hand. "nice to meet you, Lori." He said, his friendly tone brighten up my mood. I looked at him, puzzled. "You look familiar..." I asked, staring at him. "Haha!" He giggled. "Maybe because you watch the spellingbees...I've won a lot." He answered, kindly. "No, but my Father does." I answered, smirking. "Why did you stick up for me?" I asked. "Because I'm friendly..." He trailed off. "Oh really?" I asked, putting my hands on my hips. "Ok, ok. I'm Maria's brother's best friend. She put me up to it." He said scratching his head. I giggled. "What?" He asked. "Oh nothing......" I said, shutting my locker door, and turning to walk away. "No, seriously. What?" He said following me. "Look at the girl across the hall." I whispered. It was my best friend Brooke. She was staring at him. Her eyes sparkled. He stopped following me, and just stood there, a shocked look on his face. He turned, and ran away. I walked up to her after he was gone. "Nice job chasing him away..." I chuckled. "What did he say? What did he say? Anything about me?" She asked, anxiously. "Yes, Brooke. Of course." I said, then walking away. "What did he say? What did he say?" She asking, jumping up and down. "He said you scare him." I said, laughing as I walked away. She ran after me. "Why would he say that? Does he hate me?" Brooke asked, now sadly. "No." "Then what else did he say?" "That Maria put him up to it." "Maria put him up to hating me?" "No. She put him up to talking to me." "What does that have to do with me?" She asked, puzzled. "It doesn't. You asked what else he said, so I told you." "I wanted to know what else he said about ME." "Actually, he didn't say anything. I was kidding about the scared part." "SO WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE?!?!" She said, excitedly. "A chance for what?" I asked. "A CHANCE TO BE TOGETHER!" "Don't tell me he's the guy who you were telling me you liked." "Yush. He is." "Seriously?" "Seriously what?" ".....I thought you were talking about Jett Johnn.." "Eww no!" "You're confusing.." "Whatever." Brooke said, flipping her hair back. "You said he was on the football team." "He is." "No he's not..." "HE'S THE WATERBOY!" She said, obviouslym frusterated. "That doesn't count." "Yes it does." "Well...No it doesn't." "SHUT UP." She said, angerily. Then, ahead we saw Gabe again. He waved. I waved, and Brooke did more of a...Dance wave? "Hi. Sorry about the running away thing.." He said giggling. "I saw my teacher heading this way and remembered I forgot my homework in her classroom." He explained. "Ah ok, well I thought I said something wro-" "HI GABE! I'M SORRY ABOUT YOU'RE HOMEWORK! I'M GLAD YOU FIXED IT! WE ARE BEST FRIENDS!" Brooke shouted, then hugging him. I facepalmed as everyone in the classroom stared at us. "Uh.... Who are you again?" Gabe asked, taking a few steps back. "You're best friend...BROOKE!" She said, her smile covered her face. She then turned to me and said "He must have ankneeeeeshajah." "Uh? What?" I asked, cranking my head back. "Ankneeechoo. Ya know. Where they can't remember stuff?" She said, giggling. "I can't believe you didn't know what auhnosejah meant." She said, laughing. Gabe and I both facepalmed. Definite fail. We all ran down the hall, where we saw a huge light. Like, a glow. Ellie then joined us, and Maria, too. We rubbed our eyes, but the glow still remained. It was as bright as the heavens. We looked at the other students, but it was like it was invisible to them. We closed our eyes for a few seconds, and then re-opened them, but still, the light was there. We couldn't see anything past it, for it was to bright to see nearly anything in it's path. Then, suddenly, everything went white. Compeletly white, it seemed like light, but I wasn't sure. Whatever it was, it was burning my eyes. So, I closed them. Then everything went black.
Miss Mandy
Miss Mandy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wonderwoof Tue 18 Oct 2011, 18:03

Woah girly, ya got some really nice details! XD
I love it.. (:
Wonderwoof
Wonderwoof
Admin